Skincare > Menís Skincare Tips For Glowing Skin
New age Men are breaking from the old belief that health and beauty is meant only for women. Nowadays even the men deserve to have healthy glowing skin. Men too want to be pampered and given oodles of attention. They want to look radiant and face the world with self confidence. Besides the expensive outfit, it is the rejuvenated skin that catches the attention. Flawless skin has become the aim for everybody, here are some tips you should consider to apply in your daily regime.
1. Wash your face, splash with cold water. Menís skins are oilier than womenís and have larger pores. That means your face acts as a dirt magnet and keep the dirt there. That clogs the pores and dirt has germs and germs cause trouble. Donít use soap. In fact, not using soap on your face might be a good idea. Deep cleanse your face with a good cleansing lotion, preferably one that does not have an odour. Cleanser helps to remove the daily buildup of toxins, dirt and oils from the surface of the skin and should be free of irritating fragrances and chemicals. Oh and by the way, for those who have oily skins: frequent washing is not the answer. That will only irritate your skin, not help it. Blot the excess oils away. Wiping your face lightly with a tissue paper might help. Powder? Mixed opinions. Some feel it blocks the pores and causes further problems. Others advise one to avoid the shiny look.
2. Know your skin. Most men kind of think that maybe they have oily skin but who knows and who cares? Thatís right, no one cares if you donít. Most skin is somewhere in between glittery sheen of oily skin or the flaky skin of acute dryness. Independent of whether you have oily skin or dry skin, the general guidelines of washing your face few times a day apply.
3. Now if you really want to help your skin, you might want to use an astringent. This is a toner that is helpful in controlling surface oils and in lowering the pH value of your skin after cleansing. Thatís good for the oily skin. But id you have dry skin, use a toner instead. As the skin ages, it needs to work harder to maintain its elasticity. Astringent and toners with glycolic or alpha hydroxy acids work the best for toning the face. These acids actually can reduce the pore size, and help avoid ingrown hairs. They are aggressive and have quick results. Remember to look for a product that is not photosensitive, that is, sensitive to light.
4. Now is the time to moisturize your skin. Best time to do is just after the shower. Use light moisturizer on your face after cleansing and shaving and do apply on your neck. After shaving, you need to moisturize with a product that has absolutely no alcohol in it. Avoid heavy fragrant after shave products too, as they can irritate the skin.
5. For an intensive moisture treatment use pure vitamin E, or aloevera oil. This is available in liquid form, or you could just break open a capsule of vitamin E and apply directly on your face, especially under eye area. Under eye dryness should be avoided for the young look. Never leave you skin wet, cause the air will evaporate your skinís precious moisture.
6. Mild exfoliation once a month is good idea, you need not go to beauty parlor, just a good scrub with easily available massage creams will make your skin healthy and radiant. Removing dead cells smoothens the surface of the face. Stay clear of the scrubs that contain bits of nuts or seed extracts. They will tear and damage the skin. A good scrub will invigorate you and make your face glow.
7. If you are out in the sun a lot, you might want to think of investing in a pair of good dark glasses. These will protect your eyes and prevent the crowís feet that develop near your eyes when you squint against the glare. You should also think of about using sunblock. Use a compound with a sun protection factor of at least 15. That gives you about 94% to 96% protection against the ultraviolet B or burning rays of the sun. Avoid too much exposure. Our melanin helps but excessive exposure can exaggerate and thicken fine lines. Limited exposure will give you your dose of vitamin D, so no need to completely avoid sun.
8. Donít forget the lips. Lips are usually the highly ignored by men. If you think lip balm is not meant for you, think again, woman loves soft lips. Drink lots of water, it helps in detoxifying the skin. Replenish your skin with the most effective but inexpensive product that is ďwaterĒ. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. They have natural forms of vitamin C and E which help keep your skin looking young.
9. Eat right portions of right kind of proteins. Protein is necessary for cell repair and helps check ageing. Do you know egg white has more proteins than yolk, while the calorie in the egg white is just 17 and rest of 75 calories of whole egg are of yolk. Skinless chicken, pulses, soya, tofu, fish are good sources. Donít fear fat, some fat is essential in your diet. They can provide anti-inflammatory protection and youth preserving antioxidants. Fatty fish provides considerable helpings of anti-aging omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon, mackerel and tuna are among your best bets for staying beautiful. Also tops among anti-inflammatories: extra virgin olive oil. Itíll make you look lovely, and meanwhile could lower your bad cholesterol.
10. Steer clear of inflammation inducing sugar and high glycaemic carbohydrates. This category of food includes potatoes, rice and pasta. These foods can cause blood sugar to spike and lead to dangerous chemical changes in your body. Their ability to fuel creation of age-accelerating free radicals and to break down collagen has earned them high rank among skinís greatest foes. Your body needs carbohydrates, though, so get your fill from low-glycaemic fruits and vegetables. Choice picks run from arugula to zucchini, they are packed with youth preserving antioxidants.
11. Choose the moderate path if you can do without your bad habits. Stay away from excessive alcohol, smoking, fatigue and stress. Not only can these factors lead to premature aging, they also decrease facial circulation making you look older.
12. Exercise promotes the functioning of capillaries which can decrease premature ageing, it also increases oxygen to the tissues which keeps skin looking young.
13. Donít squeeze your ďPimpleĒ, you will slow down the healing and end up with a scar. If you are having acne on your forehead then you might want to consider the health of your hair. Greasy hair rubbing on your forehead often cause the skin problem. Dandruff makes the matter even worse.
14. Have a regular night regime. Make an effort to wash your face at night and apply night replenishing cream, and you will be rewarded by rejuvenated skin in the morning.
15. No matter how well you follow your skin care regimen, if you donít live a healthy lifestyle, your skin will still age prematurely. So for glowing youthful skin, follow cleansing regimen with correct eating habits, exercising and by leading uncomplicated life. Prioritize the important things in life, donít take your skin for granted, make an effort for the healthy skin.
Read more articles related to Skincare