AFTER CARE REGIME FOR PEELS & MDA
· Use of sun block, 20 minutes before sun exposure, is essential even on cloudy, overcast days. Apply sun block every 2 to 4 hours especially if you spend a lot of time outdoors.
· Continue regular outdoor activities but excessive direct sunlight exposure should be avoided for 72 hours following the treatment.
· Use a mild cleanser to wash the treated area with tepid water after 12 hours.
· Avoid hot water, sauna & steam for 48 hours after treatment.
· Avoid swimming and gymnasium activities for 48 hours to prevent redness.
· Do not bleach or use scrubs on the treated area throughout the course of treatment.
· Avoid threading and waxing for 5 days after the treatment.
· Shaving should be at least 12 hours before and after the treatment.
· Make up should be avoided for 12 hours following PEELS and MDA. Lipstick can however be used.
· Avoid anti acne medication like Retino A for 1 week and products containing AHA are to be avoided 2 days before and after treatment.
· In case of excessive redness or irritation, apply cold compresses and moisturizer on the treated area.
· Do not pick, peel or scratch the treated area.