Laser Hair Removal > AFTER CARE REGIME FOR LASER HAIR REDUCTION
laser hair reduction is becoming very common alternative for waxing, threading and bleaching. After the session it is very important to follow a proper after care regime to avoid redness or other side effects.
AFTER CARE REGIME FOR LASER HAIR REDUCTION
· Normal activities can be resumed immediately. However, exercise, swimming, steam, sauna, Jacuzzi use, and sun-tanning are not recommended for 48 hours.
· Use of sun block; 20 minutes before sun exposure; is essential even on cloudy, overcast days. Apply sun block every 2 to 4 hours especially if you spend a lot of time outdoors.
· Avoid any other method of hair removal other than shaving and trimming with scissors (i.e. no tweezing, waxing, electrolysis, threading, bleaching) as the laser needs a target in order to be effective. Depilatory creams may be used.
· It is advised to gently cleanse the treated area with a mild soap or a cleanser with tepid water only after 12 hours. Skin should be patted dry and not rubbed.
· Do not use deodorant, perfumes or scented body lotions/creams etc. over the treated area for 48 hours after the laser.
· Treated hair may take 7 to 14 days to fall out. Prior to falling out it can appear as though the hair is still growing. Do not try to pluck them.
· Immediately after the treatments, there may be redness and bumps at the treatment area, which may last up to 2 or more hours. Use a cold compress if necessary. If there is any crusting, apply antibiotic cream. The use of aloe vera gel or sunburn cream can also be used to sooth the treated area.
· It is important that you keep the treatment area moisturized; any moisturizer without alpha-hydroxy acids will work.
· Make up should be avoided for 12 hours following laser, over the treated area.
· Avoid anti acne medication like Retino- A for 1 week and products containing AHA are to be avoided 2 days before and after treatment.
· Salon services to be avoided on the treated area for 7 days and post laser.
Read more articles related to Laser Hair Removal